Test your body’s pH level using little pieces of pH paper that you place into your mouth. pH of 6.5-6.9 is acidic. This indicates that your eating/drinking habits is below normal. This is the illness zone.
PH of 7.1-7.4 is alklanine and it indicates that you are in the wellness zone.
Avoid eating processed foods, junk foods, sodas, coffee, trans fats, fried foods and stress which causes you to be acidic. Eat lots of fresh or steamed vegetables, fruits, whole grains. Achieving hydration, oxygenation, detox, alkaline pH are key steps to reach and stay in the wellness zone.
It’s vital to know your body’s pH, but it far more important to know how to control your ph level.
You see, if your body becomes too acidic you’ll be more prone to catching colds, to getting diseases, to getting fat, to being tired, sluggish, fatigued, stressed, and full of body aches and pains.
Your body becomes acidic in many ways, but some of the most common ways are:
- Watching or reading the news – yes, you heard me right, watching the nightly news can make your body acidic and when your body is acidic it retains fat – so watching the news can make you fat – OK that’s a stretch, but inadvertently anything that causes your body to becomes acidic will eventually make you fat, stressed, and unhealthy.
- A diet that lacks raw vegetables.
- A diet high in starches, fat, sugar, and/or processed foods.
- Lack of exercise
- Stress at work – in fact, you can change your body from a healthy alkaline state to an unhealthy acid state within seconds simply by letting yourself get upset or frustrated, and when you allow yourself to get into this acid state your body immediately becomes less healthy and your metabolism immediately gets adversely affected.
OK, now how can you stop all this acid living and start living an alkaline lifestyle which is conducive to health, weight loss, and proper energy levels – simply follow:
Dr. George Grant’s Ten Wellness Commandments
- Add more raw vegetable to your diet (at least 3 servings per day).
- Drink 8-10 glasses plain, pure and fresh water daily to help you become Hydrated.
- Try to eat mostly organic foods
- Exercise at least 3 times per week, preferably 5 times per week – and don’t over exercise because if you push yourself too hard you’ll actually reverse the benefits of exercise and make your body highly acidic.
- Avoid all soft drinks.
- Avoid all white flour products and all white sugar products.
- Avoid dairy products
- Avoid stressful situations whenever possible
- Spend at least 5 minutes in the morning, 5 minutes in the afternoon, and 5 minutes in the evening thinking about all the blessings that you have in your life.
- Practice some deep breathing exercises.