Waht is Integrative medicine?
When I started writing about Integrative Medicine almost 30 years ago, it was almost unknown by most practioners/public and now becoming mainstream.
When we say we Care, We Serve and We EDUCATE, not medicate, radiate, operate nor vaccinate it means we give our clients a CHOICE of Preventative Care and it does NOT mean in any way, shape or form that we against medications, vaccination or operation which may be needed in some cases. There is a place for Emergency Medicine which we all need in some cases but when it become a choice for women to do a mammogram vs Thermography or ultrasound, it is a matter of choice and assessing risk vs benefit, using acupuncture for pain or headache vs pain killers or headache medications. Dr. George Grant, Ph.D. The Caring Dr.
Impetus needed for preventive medicine in education: Expert
By Mariecar Jara-Puyod November 17, 2014
Abu Dhabi: A veteran medical specialist from Abu Dhabi believes the entire medical education system must be overhauled and must specifically be pegged on Preventive Medicine.
This way, the exponential social and economic costs of ageing and everything related to Geriatrics (the branch of Medicine that deals with elderly healthcare) would be addressed as those in their twilight years could still lead productive lives as well as age gracefully.
DNA Center for Integrative Medicine and Wellness-Abu Dhabi chief executive officer and chief physician Dr Nasim Ashaf told The Gulf Today what needs to be emphasized in medical schools these days are proper nutrition, stress management and genetic DNA testing, among others.
These were not taught to us 35 years ago and as medical doctors, we have to emphasize these, he said.
Ashaf also said, We need a public policy and laws that will change medical education. It has to come from the top.
He was among the speakers at the American Anti-Ageing Conference-Lifestyle Medicine: Ageing and Epigenetics concluded on Sunday at The Westin Mina Seyahi in Dubai.
The conference was organised by the American Academy of Anti-Ageing Medicine-Dubai with the goal of educating the regional medical community about the essential protocols against lifestyle diseases which have been discovered and could be avoided through procedures such as bio-identical hormone (BIH) replacement therapy and detoxification of hormones, among others.
On Sunday morning, Ashaf was among five other medical practitioners who sat on the panel for the post-press conference.
Ashaf, who delivered a lecture on Epigenetics the science of modifying or altering gene expression without changing the gene structure at the three-day conference, also believes that Traditional and Conventional Medicine must be meshed or integrated together so that people, even the elderly, would achieve optimal health.
Body Logic MD-USA medical director Dr Jennifer Landa, who has been espousing Preventive Medicine in her specialist ion as an obstetrician gynecologist several years back, shared his view.
In Conventional Medicine, we treat diseases with a pill. In Preventive Medicine, each person is a case by itself, she said, adding that her conventional medical background in OB-GYN has helped her understanding and promote Preventive Medicine.
To prevent & reverse cancer, you must reduce sugar consumption which promotes Candida that cause Cancer as shown in recent studies. Also reducing stress can prevent cortisol that aggravates Cancer.
DETOXIFICATION OF SILICONE AND SALINE BREAST IMPLANTS Using Integrative Medicine:
Breast implants cause toxicity in the body several different ways. First, breast implants are large, foreign objects which engage the immune system on an ongoing basis eventually overwhelming the immune system and causing immune system dysfunction and failure. Immune system dysfunction leads to auto-immune symptoms and diseases. Immune system failure allows opportunistic organisms such as bacteria, fungi, viruses and parasites to grow unchecked and spread out of control. These bacteria, fungi, viruses and parasites produce bio-toxins which cause an inflammatory cascade and overload our organs of detoxification. Bacteria and fungus can cause or contribute to autoimmune diseases. Further, breast implants are essentially two large sacks of aggressive cyto-toxic, neuro-toxic and carcinogenic chemicals which are highly inflammatory to our tissues, organs and glands. Please see BREAST IMPLANT SAFETY for a list of toxic chemicals in silicone implants. Inflammation and the bodys natural systems of detoxification are body processes which work together like a teeter totter. When inflammation in the body increases due to breast implants, detoxification is down regulated by the body. When inflammation in the body decreases, detoxification is up regulated by the body. So, the presence of toxic implants in the body substantially increases inflammation which hampers the bodies natural systems of detoxification. The entire time you have implants your systems of detoxification are diminished and you are collecting toxins from all sources. In addition, high inflammation from breast implants is known to cause disease and illness such as cancer, auto-immune diseases and metabolic diseases.
Further, silicone is a known adjuvant which causes auto-immune symptoms and diseases. Silicone chemicals are also known endocrine disruptors. Endocrine disruptors are chemicals that interfere with the bodies sensitive endocrine glandular system and produce adverse developmental, reproductive, neurological and immune effects. The endocrine glands especially hard hit by breast implants are thyroid and adrenals but this does not exclude the other glands such as pancreas, ovaries, parathyroid, pineal, pituitary and hypothalamus. Our glands essentially control all the processes in our body and damaging them with endocrine disruptors is very significant to our health.
Breast implants contain heavy metals. Over the years breast implant manufacturers have used different heavy metals in their silicone recipes. We are beginning to understand the causation that heavy metals plays in toxicity, illness and many of the diseases plaguing mankind. I phoned Mentor and asked what in the breast implants was making me so sick and they told me Platinum but they refused to divulge the other chemicals used in their manufacturing process of implants. It was not only Platinum that was making me ill, however Platinum is a known toxicity that they will admit to being in breast implants. Basically every chemical used to make silicone breast implants is toxic to our body.
STEPS TO DETOXIFY YOUR BODY FROM SILICONE AND SALINE BREAST IMPLANTS
1. Explant The first and most important step to detox the body is to properly and carefully (so as not to cause further contamination) remove the breast implants and the capsules/capsule tissue. Please see the EXPLANT page for a full explanation of a proper explant and the EXPLANT SURGEONS page for a list of world wide surgeons who remove breast implants.
2. Diet The next and most important step after removal of breast implants is to support the bodys natural systems of detoxification through diet. The most important factor to support your own systems of detoxification is an organic, nonGMO, whole foods diet of some fruits, (green granny smith apples and berries of all kinds are best) lots of all kinds of vegetables (50 per cent raw 50 per cent cooked), organic/free range/grass fed meats, organic/free range eggs with softly cooked or raw yolks and gluten free starches from vegetables including baked potato with the skin on. You can eat organic, raw oatmeal for breakfast and occasionally have quinoa at lunch and dinner. Include lots of healthy fats such as organic/raw/grass fed butter, coconut oil, unheated olive oil, avocado, fresh flax seed oil and lots and lots of clean fish oils. Include raw nuts except peanuts. Drink eight glasses of purified, re-mineralized water (if necessary from reverse osmosis) each day. Cut out dairy except yogurt and butter and all gluten grains for now. Cut out all processed foods, anything with a label on it, anything in a can, anything in a box, cut out all chemicals, cut out all sugars and sweeteners, candies, cakes, pastries, cut out caffeine, pop, chocolate and alcohol. Use a natural salt from a clean source. Do not use regular table salt which is void of minerals and has unhealthy additives.
Your clean, wholefoods diet will be the most important factor in how you feel day to day and how quickly your body detoxes. Eating cleanly allows your body the extra energy it needs to do the heavy work of detoxing. Many people ask me what I ate during my detoxification. I, somewhat, copied the eating plan from Gerson Therapy which is one of the most powerful detoxification regimes known. Gerson Therapy includes a whole foods diet as above, Hippocrates Soup (recipe to follow) and several vegetable juices a day. Here was a typical day of eating during my own detoxification:
Breakfast Bowl of less sweet fresh fruit such as grapefruit, green apples, berries of all kinds and a bowl of organic, raw oats with almond milk. Raw oats feed our good gut flora.
Mid Morning Gerson Green Juice, wait a half hour to an hour and then a Carrot Juice.
Lunch Bowl of Hippocrates Soup, large salad with olive oil and fresh garlic, cooked vegetables of all kinds, protein (I ate a lot of chicken thighs but red meat is preferable if you can digest it) and half a baked potato with flax oil.
Mid Afternoon Gerson Green Juice and Carrot Juice
Dinner Bowl of Hippocrates Soup, large salad, raw and cooked vegetables of all kinds, a protein, baked potato with flax oil.
Snacks almond milk/coconut milk, most nuts and seeds except peanuts, bowl of Hippocrates Soup, soft boiled eggs, green apples, Bone Broth (I drank two cups per day)
Hippocrates Soup Recipe recipe can be found here: http://www.treating-cancer-alternatively.com/Hippocrates-Soup.html
3. Heal Your Gut Many women who have toxicity from breast implants have digestion and bowel problems potentially from symptoms of leaky gut, gut dysbiosis, IBS, Crohns, inflammation and parasites. Some women develop allergies due to leaky gut and lose the ability to digest dairy, gluten grains, beef and or other inflammatory or allergenic foods. All inflammatory and allergic foods must be cut out of the diet completely in order to lower inflammation in the gut. When inflammation is present in the gut and digestive tract the body slows down or stops detoxification. If you have gut problems, a whole foods diet as outlined above and cutting out inflammatory and allergenic foods such as dairy and gluten will help you feel much better and detox faster. If your gut is badly damaged and you need additional help please check out the GAPS diet guidelines for healing damaged guts. If you have auto-immune symptoms follow a Paleo Autoimmune Protocol diet to bring down inflammation in your gut.
Probiotics, such as lactobacillius from yogurt/kefir and soil based probiotics found in cultured vegetables such as traditionally made sauerkraut, are very important for healing/restoring healthy gut flora and function, modulating your immune system and chelating toxins from the body. Dont buy sauerkraut from the grocery store because it contains vinegar which is not traditional culturing. If you buy sauerkraut, obtain it from a health food store which carries traditionally cultured veggies. It is easy and inexpensive to make your own cultured vegetables at home which supply much larger quantities of probiotics than store bought supplements. Just google Dr. Mercola Cultured Vegetables Recipe and you will find a link to a great video on how to make your own cultured veggies if you are inclined. If you prefer to buy probiotics look for soil based probiotics and take several doses each day to bring your gut flora, digestion and bowels back to normal.
4. Fungal/Bacterial Infections In her writings Dr. Susan Kolb says that many of the saline and up to half of the silicone patients she treats have mold in the chest and elsewhere in the body especially if they had contact with a moldy environment. Additionally, many ladies have an overgrowth of yeast/Candida in the gut and systemically due to impaired immune systems. Many ladies have bacterial and viral co-infections causing chronic fatigue and autoimmune symptoms. These mold/fungus, bacterial and viral infections need to be eliminated for a full recovery. Sometimes these infections can be detected through various blood and feces tests but not always. Bacterial infections are treated with antibiotics. Mold and fungal infections are treated with antifungals such as Diflucan and liquid Nystatin for the gut. More than one course of antifungals may be necessary to eliminate mold and fungal infections completely. For instance some doctors recommend taking 200 mgs of Diflucan for seven days and then 200 mgs every second day for another 30 days plus Nystatin at the same time to kill fungus in the gut. Rotation to a second antifungal may be needed for another month in order to completely eradicate the fungus. Take Milk Thistle with antifungals to protect the liver. Low sugar/low simple carb diets are crucial to overcoming mold and fungus.
If you cant get a prescription or are reluctant to take prescription antifungals you may be able to use natural methods to eliminate fungus. Stick to an Anti-Candida/Low Mycotoxin diet which will starve the fungus. Use a couple natural remedies at one time. A glass of hot water with the juice of one lemon and cayenne pepper first thing every morning cleans out the digestive tract daily. Three cloves of crushed garlic a day, one with each meal kills fungus while preserving beneficial gut flora. Oil of Oregano drops several times a day also kills fungus. Grapefruit Seed extract kills fungus. A product called Thorne Research SF722 is excellent for killing fungus, Caprylic Acid/Caprylates and Candex kills yeast very powerfully. Rotate your natural antifungals every month or sooner so the fungus does not build up a tolerance.
5. Support your Endocrine and Immune System Have a pm Cortisol blood test and check your thyroid free T3, T4 and conversion to see if your adrenals and thyroid are affected. You will need to support both adrenals and thyroid in order to get well. There are various supplements that will help support your endocrine and immune system.
6. Progesterone Progesterone stimulates your natural, nightly detoxification cycle. As silicone is an endocrine disruptor and toxic chemicals and heavy metals damage thyroid, adrenals and ovaries, some ladies have hormonal imbalances and are low on progesterone and other hormones. Have your hormone levels tested and supplement with bio-identical hormones and especially progesterone if you are low so that you feel better, heal better and your natural cycle of detoxification is working. If you have to supplement estrogen avoid oral medications because they slow your liver detoxification cycle down and cause Candida to proliferate in the gut.
7. Juicing Juicing is very helpful by supplying much needed nourishment and enzymes for healing and detoxification. Juicing also helps alkalize the body which makes it difficult for fungus to thrive. If you juice, please ensure that you are also eating a whole foods diet along with your juicing instead of just juice fasting. The fibers in wholefoods grab onto the toxins as they are released from the liver via the bile so they are not re-absorbed directly back into your body through your colon as when you juice fast. Just juice fasting can concentrate toxins and cause retox. One or two green juices and one or two carrot juices per day are very helpful to healing and the detox process. I did the Gerson Therapy Green Juice found here:
The carrot juice is made of 6 large carrots, washed but not peeled and juiced to make 8 ounces. Carrot juice stimulates detoxification and helps the liver clean itself. Only juice organic produce to avoid pesticides. Too much green juicing or too many green drinks like Spirulina and Chlorella can increase inflammation in your body so watch for your correct balance. If you are battling mold and fungus delay carrot juices until the overgrowth of mold and fungus is gone. Carrots while very detoxifying have a lot of natural sugar that can feed mold and fungus.
8. Basic Supplements to Consider Minerals are required for every aspect of your body and for detoxification. I suggest putting a 1/2 to 1 tsp of clean, high quality salt in a glass of water every few mornings to provide minerals to your body. Extra calcium may be required, too, especially if you cannot eat dairy foods. Toxic chemicals in the implants are very acidic to the body and the body leaches calcium from bones and teeth in an attempt to offset the acidity which causes sharp bone pain and tooth degradation. Use plant derived calcium which is more easily absorbed by your body. Magnesium is important to cell and muscle function and how you feel day to day and is usually low in toxic and stressed people. Magnesium malate or magnesium glycinate is the preferable source for magnesium. Potassium is a very important mineral to cells for healing. If you are eating plenty of fruits and veggies and green juicing you should be getting enough. Vitamin C is the all-round antioxidant and stimulates detoxification. Consider using a binder to grab onto toxins in the GI tract and keep them moving out of your body each day. Chia seeds in water each morning is a good binder. Milk Thistle is a herb which increases your livers ability to grab onto and eliminate toxins from the body.
9. Vitamin and Antioxidant Supplements to Lower Inflammation Vitamin and Antioxidant supplements help keep inflammation low which controls detox symptoms and stimulates detoxification. Please carefully read all labels and research supplements that you take as some have unhealthy ingredients, additives, heavy metals and are derived from sources such as GMO crops laden with Glyphosate. Vitamins A, B, C, E, Selenium, Zinc, CoQ10, Turmeric and Ginger are antioxidants that will help lower inflammation in your body and keep your detoxification cycle up regulated. Make sure you are taking the natural form of B vitamins to help your liver methylate better and better yet get your folate vitamins from leafy greens. Vitamin D is important to healing and is the vitamin that controls hormones. Dont overdo vitamins/minerals as too many can become pro-oxidant and even toxic. Large doses of vitamin A, B, selenium and zinc can cause problems and be toxic.
10. Stimulate Detox Not sooner than one month after explant and after you have mastered the whole foods diet and your digestion and bowels are working well, you may want to begin to stimulate detoxification. There are certain supplements that stimulate and speed up detoxification such as Vitamin C, Magnesium, Chlorella, Spirulina, Lipoic Acid, MSM, Inositol (for silicone detoxification), NAC (N-Acetyl L-Cysteine) and Iodine. Do your research on these and go slow. Try one at a time, taking smaller doses to begin with to test for tolerance and gradually titrating up your doses to stimulate detoxification until you feel too many symptoms. Then rest for several days while those toxins clear and then repeat. Dont take Chlorella, Lipoic Acid or NAC if you have mercury fillings as it will drag mercury around your body which is very toxic and causes inflammation.
11. Glutathione If you do research on detoxification you will come across information on Glutathione which is a simple molecule produced in the body that acts as the bodys master detoxifier picking up free radicals, toxins and heavy metals and escorting them out of the body. Normally, Glutathione is created and recycled in the healthy body except when the toxic load becomes too great and then it becomes depleted. Glutathione is made from the amino acids (protein building blocks) Cysteine, Glutamine and Glycine. If you want to increase your Glutathione you can take the inexpensive supplements NAC (N-Acetyl L-Cysteine) 4 parts, Glutamine 2 parts and Glycine 1 part in a glass of water between meals. No need to buy expensive Glutathione supplements. Alternatively, you can also take organic, grassfed, undenatured whey powder which has all the precursors to make Glutathione. Again, start slow taking one dose of NAC/Glutamine/Glycine in the beginning and working your way up.
12. Exercise Get exercise each day if possible. At first walking, yoga and swimming are great exercises for healing breast implant illness. Gradually work up to fast walking and even jogging to get your circulation and lymph moving well. Go outside for fresh air and sun and to connect with nature each day. If possible, sit or lie on the ground/grass/beach each day to eliminate inflammation in your body through grounding.
13. Sauna Therapy and Epsom Salt Baths If you have access to a sauna, sauna two to three times each week. It is well known that toxins and heavy metals are eliminated through the skin by sweating. Also take a couple Epsom salt baths a week for magnesium replenishig, sulfation and detoxification.
14. Low Level Light Therapy, Oxygen Therapy, Ozone Therapy I read another ladys site that said she had profound healing after receiving low level light therapy treatments on her chest to break down capsule tissue which should have been removed but was not. Not only did the low level light therapy breakdown the capsule tissue, it also killed the bacteria and fungus in her chest. Although I have not had a chance to try it, I believe it works and could be a profound healing tool for some. Chiropractors use low level light therapy in their practices, hopefully you can find one near you. I have personally tried oxygen therapy and it does stimulate healing. Many are having good results getting rid of bacteria, mold/fungus and viruses using ozone.
13. Timeframe to Feel Healthy You will notice that the process of detoxification does increase inflammation in the body and the feeling of illness. Moving toxic chemicals, bio-toxins and heavy metals through your body and organs will cause inflammation and detox symptoms (headaches, brain fog, negative mentalism, emotionalism, sore back bone, sore joints, general illness, fatigue, digestive disturbances) and an increase of your specific symptoms which is why you should go slow and need to take rests from detoxing but always maintain your clean wholefoods diet and some exercise if possible. Detoxification of breast implants is not a straight line, but rather an up and down process generally lasting one to two years. After explant, you will notice certain symptoms go away and you will feel better for a few months but then in a few months after explant, your body will begin the heavy work of detoxing stored chemicals and heavy metals from your cells and your symptoms will increase and go up and down for some months but gradually disappear one by one. Most women feel substantially better within about one to two years. If you are not improving over months and years, then you need to look for other sources of toxicity. Perhaps you have a bacterial or fungal infection that is creating bio-toxins. Perhaps you have mercury toxicity from your amalgams or a dental event. Perhaps you have root canals that are producing potent bacteria creating illness in your body. Perhaps you have parasites. Keep looking for toxicity and keep working on elimination and detoxification.
Most of the above are things I did to get well. I was able to research a lot on the processes of detoxification and I tried a lot of things. I hurt myself sometimes by speeding up detox too much and unleashing more heavy metals and toxins than my body and organs were able to handle at one time. So, take care. If you try the supplements, add one thing at a time so you can tell if something bothers you. Not everyone will be able to tolerate all of these things and especially in the beginning of your healing. If you have a bad reaction, stop everything and rest. Then add one thing back in at a time so you can tell what is causing the reaction. Trust your own instincts. Personally, I did not get help from the medical doctors. Medical doctors dont believe that silicone is toxic and do not have training in diagnosing heavy metals poisoning or detoxification. One Naturopath told me that mercury fillings are okay and not to disturb them. Ridiculous! There is only one other substance on earth more toxic than mercury and that is radioactive Plutonium. I often get asked if I am fully recovered. My explant was Jan 2013 and in the three years since my explant I have regained about 95 per cent of my health. Two years post explant I was approximately 65 to 70 per cent recovered. I was still healing in my third year. It takes time to heal this illness and the damage we have done to our bodies so be patient with yourself.
HEAVY METALS POISONING
Many women who are ill from breast implants are also heavy metal poisoned. There are heavy metals in breast implants but also rampant in our daily environment, in the drinking water, foods we eat including health foods, our work environments and especially our dental work. MS and many other auto-immune diseases, cancers, kidney and liver diseases are known to be caused from heavy metals and especially dental mercury. Some of us are genetically predisposed to be unable to naturally detox heavy metals and accumulate them or are outright allergic to metals. I suggest a Hair Toxicities/Hair Elements test to help you determine if heavy metals are part of your health issues. Please see RESOURCES for where and how to obtain a hair test. If you are heavy metal poisoned, detoxing heavy metals requires carefully removing your dental amalgams, the same whole foods diet including high protein and supplements to aid detoxing metals. Moderate to severe poisoning from highly toxic heavy metals like mercury and lead can be chelated using an oral chelator such as DMSA (DMPS in Europe) and then adding in Lipoic acid later to clean out the brain. If you suspect you are mercury poisoned please read Andy Cutlers book Amalgam Illness: Diagnoses and Treatment. Andy Cutler is known worldwide for his protocol on how to recover from mercury toxicity.
Please note that ladies with breast implants should not have Gandolinium contrast for MRIs because it seems to be a noted source of toxicity in hair tests and symptoms. Despite what the health professionals say Gandolinium is a serious heavy metal toxicity.
What Foods Cause Leaky Gut?
Here are the biggest (andbaddest) foods that cause a leaky gut by creating intestinal inflammation and candida:
- Gluten Gluten is the most notorious offender of Leaky Gut. And for good reason. Gluten is the sticky protein found in most grain products including wheat and is difficult to digest unless its been brought through a sourdough or sprouting process. On the leaky gut diet, you will want to avoid all foods that contain gluten and wheat products.
- Conventional dairy The protein in most conventional cows milk and dairy is called A1 casein. This protein can trigger a similar reaction as gluten and, therefore, should be avoided. In fact, A1 casein may be 26x more inflammatory than gluten!
- Sugar We all know sugar isnt the healthiest food. But what many dont know is the too much sugar can damage the intestinal wall creating a leaky gut. This happens because sugar feeds yeast and bad bacteria. If you are going to use a sweetener, go with raw local honey. But even that should be consumed in moderation at one tablespoondaily.
- GMO foods Genetically modified organisms contain herbicides and pesticides that damage the gut lining. Studies out of the Journal of Environmental Scienceshave found GMO foods destroy the probiotics in your gut and cause organ inflammation.
The inflammation these foods create brings negative responses, including inflammation, fatigue and food allergies.
And it only gets worse with time. As more and more things irritate and pass through your leaky gut, it can even lead to other much more problematic health challenges.
Heres how this cycle can quickly spread throughout the body.
Its clear: leaky gut is a serious issue and risk. But its also one of the few risks you can end, starting today.
As the father of modern medicine, Hippocrates, says, all disease begins in the gut.
Well, Id add that all nourishment begins in thegut as well.
The 4-Step Plan to Address Leaky Gut
The good news is theres a solution to successfully addressing leaky gut one that goes against conventional wisdom but provides breakthrough results.
It only involves four steps and can radically revolutionize your health. I know because Ive used this 4-step plan with thousands of patients in my Nashville clinic through to help them lose 10, 20, even 50 pounds, end thyroid and adrenal issues, and take their energy to new heights.
The process includes:
Step 1: REMOVING foods and factors that damage the gut
In every case of Leaky Gut, diet is a huge factor.
And one of the most powerful things you can do is removing any hard-to-digest foods, trigger-foods and any toxins from your diet.
These are the foods that cause Leaky Gut like gluten, grains and conventional dairy.
Step 2: REPLACING with nourishing foods
If you suffer from leaky gut syndrome, youre overdue to consider adopting a leaky gut diet. Here are the five foods and supplements to nourish your leaky gut.
#1 Bone broth
Bone broth is the No.1 thing you can consume to address leaky gut syndrome.
Chicken soup isnt just good for the soul: Theres a reason that its prescribed by doctors and mothers alike when youre feeling under the weather. All bone broths beef, chicken, fish, lamb and more are staples in the traditional diets of every culture and the basis of all fine cuisine. Thats because bone broths are nutrient-dense, easy to digest, rich in flavor and they boost healing.
Bone broth or stock was a way our ancestors made use of every part of an animal. Bones and marrow, skin and feet, tendons and ligaments that you cant eat directly can be boiled and then simmered over a period of days. This simmering causes the bones and ligaments to release healing compounds like collagen, proline, glycine and glutamine that have the power to transform your health.
We all know vegetables are healthy. But when it comes to eating foods that are great for your gut, COOKED vegetables are key. I recommend you eat lots of non-starchy vegetables that are cooked or steamed.
The cooking process makes them easy to digest, which is critical for gut health and overall balance. One of my favorite things to do is actually add vegetables to bone broth. Not only does this give the vegetables a rich, meaty flavor, but it also cooks them to perfection while retaining all the nutrients in the broth.
#3 Fermented vegetables
The consumption of fermented has many benefits. The microflora that lives in fermented foods creates a protective lining in the intestines and shields it against pathogenic factors, such as salmonella and E.coli. Indeed, to get that healthy dose of bacteria, its essential to consume top probiotic foods.
Fermented foods lead to an increase of antibodies and a stronger immune system; plus, they regulate the appetite and reduce sugar and refined carb cravings. In fact, fermented vegetables can help address candida gut. How? Because it contains organic acids that balance intestinal pH and probiotics to support the gut. Sauerkraut, kimchi and kvass are excellent sources.
Are you afraid of fats? If so, youre not alone. Fat in foods has been vilified in America for the past few decades, as low-fat and nonfat foods became the norm, and we were told that a low-fat diet would help us get the body we want. In fact, its one of the biggest nutrition lies that the publics been told.
In other parts of the world, fat has always been welcome at the table. In the U.S.? Were only now realizing the truth: Not all fats are created equally. Our bodies need fat more specifically, they need healthy fats. Consuming healthy fats in moderation like egg yolks, salmon, avocados, ghee and coconut oil are easy on the gut.
Protein plays a key role in gut health. If you get your protein from factory farmed meats, you could actually feed candida, while foods high in healthy fats and protein protect against candida(source). Thats why its so important to consume only organic, free-range meat.
The Hair Toxicities/Hair Elements test is also important as it will determine if you are low on on any key minerals and elements required by the body which supplementation will speed up your healing. If you want to learn how to interpret your own hair tests read Andy Cutlers book Hair Test Interpretation: Finding Hidden Toxicities.
If you are thinking of Breast Augmentation/implant, read this first: https://www.gofundme.com/robinsurgeryfund